After you buy a new house and finally plan to move into it, you look forward to moving companies to make the entire moving process less difficult for you. But, there are a few things that moving companies won’t tell you but you should know them for your advantage. So, you need to do your homework on things movers want or require from you to ensure a smooth move. And also, you should know the secrets of how to save money while moving house. So, these are the things the moving services don’t tell you.
1. You Can Save Some Money by Disassembling the Furniture Yourself
When you visit a moving company to hire them, they would come up with a package that would include disassembling and reassembling of your furniture as well. At first, you would find it pretty convenient but little do you know that the moving companies charge a lot of money for this. They won’t, however, tell you to do this yourself if you want to save your money, in fact, they will offer you the package in such a way that you will feel pretty satisfied and less stressed but the quote would be quite high. So, make sure you keep your wallet heavy by disassembling
and reassembling your furniture yourself. Get everyone from the family involved making the process quick.
2. Off-Season Moving Is Quite Inexpensive
The peak seasons of moving homes are usually from May to September and during these months, moving companies quote high prices due to increased demand. However, if you hire moving companies during the months from October to April, you will notice a huge difference in the prices. This is something that no moving company tells their customers because they want to get as much profit as they can. So, try to plan your moving during off-seasons to save some good amount of penny.
3. They Need Your Supervision Some people after hiring removal companies leave everything on them and wind up their other work but this is not how it should be done. Because professionals from moving companies require your attention during the entire project so that you can direct them if they are doing something wrong. This is important because if any mishap occurs or anything gets damaged, homeowners treat the workers pretty badly. Hence, keep an eye on the workers the whole time to get things done just like you want them.
4. It’s Helpful To Get Estimates From Several Companies
You should never visit a single company and hire them right away without getting quotes from different man with a van services. Good research is extremely important to know if the company provides the best service at a reasonable price. Once you have visited different renowned companies and got their estimates, compare their services and hire the best one.
5. If Any Mishap Occurs, a Proof Will Be Required
If any accident or damage occurs to your valuable items during the moving process, the company won’t pay for it until you provide proof that the damage was caused by their workers. Which is why it is important that you take pictures of your items prior to the move as proof.