Girl sexually assaulted by Asian boys in Manchester
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenage girl was sexually assaulted in a park in Levenshulme.
Officers were called to reports that the girl had been walking in Nutsford Vale Park shortly after 9.15pm on Sunday 16 June when she was approached by a group of five or six teenage boys.
The teenagers, who are described as Asian and aged between 13 and 15, made lewd remarks before two of them sexually assaulted her close to the park gates on Matthews Lane.
Police Constable Georgina Denby, from GMP’s City of Manchester Division, said: “Understandably the teenage girl was terrified by the group of males and extremely upset by what happened. Fortunately she managed to get away from them and run from the park.
“Specialist officers are continuing to support the victim and we are working hard to find those responsible.
“We are now appealing to members of the public who were in the park or the nearby area that night, who may have seen the group of teenage boys matching the description or the girl running from the park, to contact us.
“You may have thought you saw something suspicious at the time but decided not to report it, in which case don’t hesitate to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should ring police on 0161 856 3845 quoting reference 2350 of 16/06/19 or anonymously using the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Greater Manchester is nationally recognised as a model of good practice in terms of support services available to victims.
– If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted, we encourage you not to suffer in silence and report it to the police, or a support agency so you can get the help and support available.
– You can call Greater Manchester Police on 101, or alternatively people can refer themselves to St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515, whether or not you want make a police report.
– St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them via Greater Manchester Police, or as a self-referral.
– Manchester Rape Crisis is a confidential support service run by women for women and girls who have been raped or sexually abused. Confidential helpline: 0161 273 4500.
– Survivors Manchester offers support and counselling for adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape, regardless of when the event happened. Contact 0161 236 2182.