Guardian Events this weekend in Manchester
Are you in Manchester this weekend? We’ve partnered with Manchester International Festival and have several exciting free events at The House of Unrest, celebrating the spirit of activism and how protest can change the world! Read more and sign up here:
- The Guardian is partnering with Manchester International Festival this year, and we’ve got several exciting events planned.
- 2019 is a special year for us – as it marks 200 years since the Peterloo Massacre that led to the founding of the Manchester Guardian. In this vein, we’re celebrating the spirit of activism, and how protest can change the world!
- We’re temporarily taking over a space in the city centre to open: The Guardian House of Unrest.
- The space will be open all weekend for visitors with a programme of talks, interviews, workshops, screenings and a specially curated bookshop: https://membership.theguardian.com/event/the-house-of-unrest-63422675931
- We are organising 3 specific events – all free to attend:
- Fri 5 July, 7 – 10pm: Reform Radio Live – regular Reform DJ Natalia will provide the the soundtrack to our underground venue – expect global music from across the spectrum, and visitors will receive a free drink.
- Sat 6 July, 12-1pm: Learn to change the world in an hour – learn from some of the best campaigns of our time to understand how to have an impact on the world around you.
- Sat 6 July, 3-5pm: Placard making workshop – a brilliant, family-friendly event that will guide you through hand screen printing – to get your message out there for the world to see.
- Address: The House of Unrest, Manchester, M3 2BH – located underneath the Barton Arcade shopping centre in the vaults: https://brickworksmcr.co.uk/
- Follow the links above or search The Guardian House of Unrest to sign up for the free events.