Handicare, in partnership Age Co, have recently shared the results of a study that has evaluated the accessibility of all Premier League stadiums by considering the facilities provided by each venue.
According to the rankings of all premier league teams in the 2023/24 season:
• Bournemouth’s stadium is the most accessible of all Premier League stadiums.
• Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea’s stadiums complete the top four.
• Only Bournemouth has more than 1% of wheelchair seats per stadium capacity.
• Despite having the second smallest stadium, Bournemouth has more wheelchair seats than any other club.
• 13 out of the 20 clubs have less than 0.5% of wheelchair seats per stadium capacity.
• Kenilworth Road Stadium, home of Luton Town F.C., finished bottom in the rankings.
Handicare is the specialist partner working with Age Co to provide a range of mobility products. Handicare and Age Co collaborate to offer products that meet customer needs and deliver quality service to enable people to make the most of later life.
Age Co is 100% owned by Age UK and gives its profits to the charity enabling them to support those older people most in need.
To view the analysis and findings in further detail, read through the full article here: https://www.ageukmobility.co.uk/mobility-news/article/accessible-premier-league-stadiums